A list of questions taken from the end of John Wesley’s sermon “The Almost Christian“:
- Is the love of God shed abroad in your heart?
- Can you cry out, “My God, and my All”?
- Do you desire nothing but him?
- Are you happy in God?
- Is he your glory, your delight, your crown of rejoicing?
- And is this commandment written in your heart, “That he who loveth God love his brother also”?
- Do you then love your neighbour as yourself?
- Do you love every man, even your enemies, even the enemies of God, as your own soul? as Christ loved you?
- Yea, dost thou believe that Christ loved thee, and gave himself for thee? Hast thou faith in his blood?
- Believest thou the Lamb of God hath taken away thy sins, and cast them as a stone into the depth of the sea? that he hath blotted out the handwriting that was against thee, taking it out of the way, nailing it to his cross?
- Hast thou indeed redemption through his blood, even the remission of thy sins?
- And doth his Spirit bear witness with thy spirit, that thou art a child of God?